Thursday, February 12, 2009

Rude People Are Silly

As I said before, I have read every comment posted on this video. I am guessing that maybe about 1% of the people who comment on it are actually reading the description, maybe its too long or something. I think it's GREAT that there is actually two sides to this topic... Ok maybe there is like 10 sides. There are the kids who dance and think I am misrepresenting them in the 2.5 min video, the kids who have something against hardcore dancing, and the people who were really into hardcore punk in the 80s and think this is absolutely rediculous.

Then, there are the people who really like it! I am glad that those people are out there, because they make me feel good :) The thing is that, like I said in my description on the video itself, the psuedo-interviews in this video were just some random kids outside a show that we went to on the first day of shooting for this thing! Nothing was planned. In fact, I didn't even know what hardcore dancing was! By the time I actually put this up on youtube, I had a ton more footage, and thought, oh well I will just throw this up to see if anyone out there would actually watch a film like this. Looks like they will, but we will see if they still watch it objectively after seeing these clips...

Anyways, what spurred this is yesterday a person commented on the youtube page that he would like to spit in my face if i approached him for this. Now I really want to interview him! I want to find out what his hostility is towards me. Is it that he hates hardcore dancing, or he hates the way I portrayed it in my obviously naive clip? Anyways, tylerXfatality, if you are out there please email me at itsahxclife@gmail.com and I would LOVE to interview you! Thanks.

No comments: